Monday, October 1, 2012

How Do I Do It?

     It seems to me that in today's society a family with four children is as big a family as people can wrap their heads around without thinking the parents belong in a mental institution.  I guess it is from this frame of mind that people are always saying, "I don't know how you do it!" to me.  The answer is...drum roll please... I don't.  I don't juggle a marriage, two sons with Asperger's Syndrome, a chronically sloppy eight year old daughter, a baby who needs to be held to sleep most of the time, a home, a beggar cat widower who refuses to either become a pet or move on, as well as maintaining a relationship with extended family, and then squeezing in some me time to prevent myself from developing the dreaded Door Mat Syndrome.  I really kinda suck at this gig.  To illustrate for you what I mean I would like to tell you of my morning.  I've started a research project to entertain myself.  I was having a pee looking at the hamper, which is right across from the potty, and I wondered, How long will it take for the dirty laundry to actually hit the ceiling AND will I get to it before it does?


     Feel free to conduct this research in your own homes and get back to me with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment