Tuesday, October 16, 2012

An Apple a Day

     Last night during dinner I told Ariel my stepfather was at the hospital with a bad infection in his foot and that his doctor told him earlier in the week that he might be developing diabetes.

     "How do ya get diabetes?", Enzo chimed in.

     "Well, there are two kinds.  One you're just born with and the other is believed to come from eating a poor diet and living an unhealthy lifestyle, I think.  That is why we are always pressuring you to eat a balanced diet.  If you don't start eating a little better you might find yourself with diabetes one day".

     Today at lunch Aston asked for an apple with his lunch because; "I don't wan't to get die-a-feeties.  I don't want my feet to fall off!"

     It may further secure my spot in Hell, but I have zero intentions of correcting the child.  If he actually eats a vegetable because of this gross misinterpretation of the facts it will all have been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment