Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Is This Mic On?

     At breakfast this morning Enzo said, "I lost my lunch box and I don't think it is coming back this time".  So today I dedicated a few moments of my completely open schedule to picking up a new lunch box for the boy.  My mother joined me on this mission.  She needed some make up and milk, which she totally forgot.   I grabbed a copy of The Chatham Press, a little local paper and flipped through it as we walked through the parking lot.  I saw a picture of a girl I took dance classes with when I was a little girl.

     "Mom, Kate is the new post master", I relayed.

     My mother looked concerned and then confused.  She asked, "What is a toast master?"


     Now, I think fifty is a little young to be thinking about long term care but maybe it is time.      

No comments:

Post a Comment