Friday, August 24, 2012

Ariel as Advertising

     Ariel needed windows for a job.  The only place that had the size he needed in stock was Home Depot.  So he went there.  Upon arriving a girl asked him if he needed any help.  He thanked her but told her he was just picking up widows and could manage himself.  When he got back to the window section two gentleman in button up shirts and slacks holding clipboards approached him and offered him help.  Suddenly one of the men exclaimed, "Woah, woah, woah.  What are you doing?  Why are you wearing that?  IN HERE?"  The "that" he was speaking of was Ariel's Lowes T shirt.

     "Well," Ariel said, "because they gave me one and you didn't".

     "Get this man a Home Depot shirt!" the one man shouted at the other.

     Man 2 returned with a lovely Home Depot shirt and hat (Ariel's hat was also a gift from Lowes and had one of their brand names stitched into it).  "O.K..  We're going to need those" said Mr. Clipboard, nodding at the  Lowes shirt and hat Ariel had on his person, "We're going to burn them".

     "Now?  Here?" Ariel asked.

     Serious nods from the men.

     What choice did Ariel have.  He did as he was told.  He stripped down there in the windows aisle of Home Depot but not before the men took a picture of him wearing a sad face in his Lowes get up.  When he completed his costume change they photographed him in a happy super hero sort of pose.  Captain Home Depot!

     When Ariel made his way to the register to pay for his windows the girl looked confused.  She asked, "Weren't you wearing a Lowes shirt?"

     "Yes"

     "Where did you get this one?"

     "The district manager gave it to me.  He made me give him the Lowes one.  I changed right in the aisle...and you missed it".

     At this point in Ariel's telling me the story I stopped him.  "Wait a minute!" I said.  "Did you actually say that...about her missing it?"

     "Yup" he beamed.  "I even told her I thought it was all an elaborate plan designed by the district manager  just because he wanted to see me with my shirt off!"

     Brilliant Darling.  Simply brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment