Friday, February 6, 2015

The Me I'll Never Be

    This morning Ariel said to me, "I just want you to know that if we didn't have kids we'd be on a cruise ship right now".

     I'm freezing right now so at first, that sounded nice.  Then I felt bad that I've burdened Ariel with five children and robbed him of his care free cruising self.  I had to wonder, other than a week long cruise, what would we do if we didn't have children?  It was six in the morning, so the first thing that popped in my head was go back to bed.  O.K.  but then what?

     I can't know for sure but if Ariel had told me that he didn't want to have children....wait, let me rephrase that because he DID tell me he didn't want to have children.  If I had believed Ariel when he told me he didn't want to have children instead of thinking Yeah right.  EVERYONE wants to have children,  I would have...done exactly what I did.  I would have given birth to any baby that parked it's adorable little self in my uterus.  I had already decided that I would adopt or foster if I didn't conceive kids the old fashioned way by the time I was eighteen years old.

     There is no if I didn't have kids for me.  Besides, Ariel and I are both terrified of open water.  Really, I don't know what he was thinking.

     Maybe we could do a Disney cruise.  Then we could all drown to death under the warm Caribbean sun as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment