Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Booger Soup: A Recipe by Doctor Dorothy and her Mother

Saute 2 chopped onions and 5 chopped garlic cloves in oil. Add and saute 3 chopped ribs of celery and 4 sliced carrots.  Sprinkle with 3 TBS paprika and 1/2 tsp dried marjoram.  Add 16 oz. green beans, 1 chopped zucchini, 2 chopped green bell peppers, 8 oz. sliced mushrooms, 1 large can diced tomatoes, 2 cups vegetable juice, 2 TBS soy sauce, 1 TBS dried dill, water to desired consistency.  Simmer until veggies are tender.




     Two days ago Dorothy marched up to me and asked me to make her vegetable soup to get her boogers away.  We whipped up the above together.  When she sat down and took her first bite she exhaled, "This is just what I needed to make me feel better".  Please note that I have never made vegetable soup for her before and have no clue where she came up with this idea.

     Today, with two days to sit, the soup is really quite tasty but has a rather gross title.  Dorothy remembered why she requested the soup be made and must have condensed the information in her mind because she requested Booger Soup for her lunch.

     When I'm finished here I'm calling  Progresso and Campbell's and offering Booger Soup to the highest bidder for mass production.

No comments:

Post a Comment