Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting With The Joneses

     I brought my four children with me when I voted today.  A very small part of me did this because I wanted them to witness what makes America special but most of me did it because I'm painfully aware of the fact that my children are demon/children hybrids and I don't like to ask people to care for them.

     Enzo showed me what it must have been like for women when they couldn't vote (a time period Enzo, Clara, and Aston all swore they could remember) when he begged me to vote for the presidential candidate he would like to see in office.  "This Mitt Romney character makes me nervous, Mom.  He wants to cut the funding for baby educational t.v. shows.  Mom, that is getting dangerously close to the programs I enjoy!!!  Pleeeeeeeease vote for President Obama, Mom! OBAMA,  Pleeeeeeeeease!"

     I'm not about to tell you who I think you should vote for.  We all want different things and I suppose which ever guy is promising to deliver what most American's want will be sitting in the Oval Office next year; but a dear ten year old boy, who has no political voice of his own, would like to ask anyone willing to vote "Demlican" (direct Enzo quote) today.

     Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment