Friday, June 22, 2012

Call Me Siskel and Ebert

    This is not a review of a new movie.  I have an eight month old who thinks she's being tortured if she remains in the same position for two consecutive seconds so I won't be crossing the threshold of a movie theater to see a new movie to review it for a while.  I have the entire ten and under crowd here at my house for their first afternoon of summer vacation and a hellish thunderstorm is rolling in so good old Aunt Mommy (this is the name my sister and I came up with to facilitate referring to ourselves or each other while addressing the ten and under crowd)  popped some popcorn and turned on Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer, ya' know, because it is the first day of summer vacation.

     Can I just say Clara and I both liked the Judy Moody books we read, she's no Junie B. but few are.  This movie, however, is total toilet paper.  We're watching it on our eight dollar a month Netflix streaming and I still feel like I've been ripped off.  We're half way through this waste of resources and not one of the kids has even giggled.  My brother in law has just arrived to collect his three children and they are running to his car without a word of protest.  They have never left Aunt Lora's without a fight.  That is how bad this movie is.  There is only one good point to this train wreck and that is Judy's house.  If any of you fell in love with Stuart Little's home decor in his movies, like I did, then you will adore the Moody's home.  That is it.  that is the only nice thing I have to say.  Everything else was P.U.

     I give Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer movie no stars or two thumbs down or the middle finger...whatever Siskel and Ebert do to rate a movie as poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment