Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Birthday TOOO YOOOUUU

                                Today it is your birthday and we sing to let you know
                                That you will be queen for the day, whatever you say
                                                             goes! ~ Barbie

     Ariel is a cherished member of our family.  He is adored by all.  So on his birthday we want to spoil him accordingly.  The kids have their own ideas.  Clara and Enzo wish him well, make a card, bake a cake...that kind of thing.  Aston was particularly excited this morning when Enzo told him it was Daddy's birthday today.  He did an enthusiastic spin jump while throwing a punch into the air and formulated the perfect plan.  "YES!" he squealed.  "I want an ultimate swimming pool!!".

     "I said it is Dad's birthday", corrected Enzo.

     Aston wasn't going to be derailed by this trivial bit of information.  "That's fine.  He can share with me".

     For me there is always a bit of stress deciding what course of action to take when Ariel's birthday rolls around.  There is the default nice dinner, but is that special enough for someone who is so special to me?  The whole gift giving thing is a bit awkward as I have no income and haven't for years.  "Hey Sweetie, look what I bought you with the money you busted your hump for..."  I don't know, it is just weird to me. Taking him out for dinner runs into the same economic issue.  I can always fall back on those lovely gifts that don't cost anything. They tend to backfire though, and end up being very expensive.

     So far today we have a big day of errand running planned.  We'll see where the day takes us.  I just hope that at the end of the day as he drifts off to sleep he knows how very, very much he is loved and how impossibly happy we are that he was born.

                                                       HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARIEL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment